WELCOME TO SuprathelU
SUPRATHEL is a Class III medical device. Therefore it’s distributed in 36 countries across five continents. To date, more than 20,000 patients have been successfully treated in over 300 burn centers as a result.
SUPRATHEL is based on polylactic acid and as an elastic membrane it mimics the natural skin. While beeing permeable to oxygen and water vapor, it provides a physical barrier for microorganisms.
SUPRATHEL is indicated in superficial (2a°) and deep dermal/partial thickness (2b°) skin loss diseases, such as burn wounds, split-thickness skin graft (STSG) donor sites, as well as trauma and surgical wounds.
Benefits of using SUPRATHEL®
- Several advantages support the use and application of SUPRATHEL
- first of all significant pain relief – by up to 60%1
- Significantly less IV narcotic management required
- Minimaly manipulative dressing changes with no anesthesia
- Significant reduction of infections and inflammatory response, no biologic risk1
- Synthetic, biocompatible, absorbable
- Minimizes risk of infections and inflammation, no reported allergic reactions
- Faster wound healing2
- Reduces healing time for STSG donor sites allowing for early reharvest
- ROM can begin 2-5 days following application
- Lower treatment costs3 – by up to 69%
- One-time wound dressing, no change needed
- Less care and aftercare needed therefore shortened need for hospitalization
- in addition less administration of pain medication needed
- Good cosmetic and functional outcomes and scar quality4